Translate

sábado, 11 de octubre de 2014

Listening activity

I have found this activity to practice the listening with the children, I have put it into practice in the classroom and he liked them, I leave here the information you need to make it, I hope you like it.

Following single- and multiple-step directions is an integral part of success in the classroom for children.  Those with language disorders often have increased difficulty in following simple and complex directions heard or read.  Many times, we see students simply watching the actions of the students around them in order to keep up with the pacing of a typical classroom.  So, it's not surprising that many of my language students work to follow increasingly more difficult directions as part of their therapy with me.  
One set of cards contains simple directions with up to 3-steps.  You can customize by reading only the first and second directions to address 1- and 2-step directions.  The jar cards add a bit of surprise when they tip and cause lady-bugs to spill out, when you get to take an extra turn, and when a group mate's jar spills and you manage to capture one of their ladybugs!

 The other set of cards contains complex directions with up to 3-steps.  You can also customize by reading only the first and second directions to address 1- and 2-step directions.  The jar cards are in this deck as well!
 Usually I play with only one deck, either simple or complex.  However, I have one group in which one student is working on complex and the other simple.  For this group I simply had both decks out (separated) and drew from the appropriate deck for each student on their turn.  It's pretty easy to sort them back when you are finished.

I've used this in 3 groups so far and it has been a nice change.  The students seem to enjoy it as they usually do with simple card games like this.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario